Yearly ProgressPro Overview
Yearly ProgressPro™ is an award winning research-based assessment, instructional, and intervention tool that provides automatic intervention to ensure instruction is aligned to state and national standards. The National Center on Response to Intervention (RtI) assigned its highest rank to Yearly ProgressPro for classification accuracy, reliability, validity, and sensitivity to student improvement.
Subject Areas and Grades
- Reading/Language Arts (Grades 1–8)
- Math (Grades 1–8)
- Aligned with your state standards
- Progress monitoring
- Interim and formative
- Introduction to Yearly ProgressPro
- The Power of Curriculum-Based Supportive Assessments
- Yearly ProgressPro Reports
- Yearly ProgressPro Instruction
Webinar on YouTube
We are pleased to announce the latest release of Yearly ProgressPro on August 1, 2011. This update includes:
- Mastery Report Filter: Student Mastery Reports now have 9-level reporting capability. The dropdown is dynamic and will reflect the active framework for each district.
- Sharing Custom Tests: Now users can share Custom Tests with 100+ educators at once.
- CBM Roster Report: Now you can view the CBM Roster Report by Last Name — our top customer request.
- Safari® compatibility: Mac® users will be able to view and print the new CBM Roster report using the Safari browser.
- Data Extract: Enhanced the performance ability to extract large amounts of data from test results for district-wide reporting.
Thank you for your patience.
- Features &
- Response to
Yearly ProgressPro is an award-winning online progress monitoring solution that is based on 25 years of research in Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM), a methodology proven to improve student learning outcomes. CBM is particularly effective with Response to Intervention (RtI) programs, a method of academic intervention that is designed to provide early, effective support to struggling learners.
Robust classroom assistance tools, linked to an easy-to-understand data management system, allow you to monitor student learning in real time.
This diagram shows how Yearly ProgressPro can meet teacher and student needs throughout the learning process:
Progress Monitoring for Higher Achievement
Program Components: With Yearly ProgressPro, teachers can measure the effectiveness of instruction and track both mastery and retention of grade-level skills, with either CBM or their own customized assessments. Built-in tutorial lessons, including instruction and guided practice, can be automatically prescribed according to group's or individual student's skill levels. Yearly ProgressPro assessments take no more than 15 minutes to administer.
Assess: Items in the test pool have been developed and reviewed by university researchers, curriculum and assessment experts, and teachers for content quality and validity. Yearly ProgressPro offer two types of assessment solutions: curriculum-based measurement and classroom assessments.
- Curriculum-Based Measurement—Yearly ProgressPro provides a comprehensive set of pre-built curriculum-based assessments that can be delivered weekly. These assessments provide detailed diagnostic information on students' academic progress on a defined set of skills.
- Classroom Assessments—Yearly ProgressPro provides a dynamic and simple to use assessment creator, which gives educators the ability to quickly and easily create customized assessments from our vast bank of items.
Instructional Resources: An instructional exercise has been created for each of the skills assessed. Each exercise consists of:
- A set of instructional screens that introduce or explain a given skill.
- A guided practice set where students can walk through items with assistance.
- A unique set of items to review and evaluate a student's progress on a given skill.
Reports and Analysis: Yearly ProgressPro's most important feature is the data management system, which allows educators to trend and track student performance in real time. The system measures individual student's skill strengths and weaknesses and can track whole class performance on specific skills or skill groupings. Additional features include:
- Automated recommendations and assignments that support instructional focus.
- Reporting tools that generate reports by skill, student, class, district, and student demographics.
Additional Key Features include:
- Assesses frequently and presents criterion-referenced items that are aligned with standards, curriculum, and annual assessments.
- Provides the ability for teachers to develop their own customized assessments.
- Provides instantaneous data to focus and modify instruction and to assist with improved student learning.
- Identifies areas of mastery and areas requiring improvement, allowing for early diagnosis and intervention.
- Provides the capability to prescriptively assign exercises comprised of guided instruction and practice items to students.
- Monitors the progress of all students toward established state and/or district standards.
- Measures growth in student achievement over time.
Yearly ProgressPro enhances teacher efforts by:
- Letting teachers know instantly how each student is doing for each skill by simply viewing or printing a report.
- Helping teachers understand which skills students have mastered and which skills need additional review, allowing them to effectively alter lesson plans to meet student needs.
- Providing data to help determine the pace of classroom instruction.
- Identifying specific skills in which most students are having difficulty, warranting whole-class instruction, as well as skills warranting small group instruction.
- Providing the ability to demonstrate to students and parents measured academic progress made during the school year.
Gives educators and administrators comprehensive data by:
- Providing schools and districts with "accountability" data and student information needed to assist decision making and support teacher and student needs.
- Providing real-time information on what progress the district, individual schools, classes, and students are making on mastering critical academic skills.
- Providing assessments and reporting the results in a format that corresponds with state or district standards.
Boosts students' learning by:
- Allowing them to work to improve their skills based on their unique needs and to move beyond skills that have been mastered by using the instructional component of the solution.
- Providing frequent feedback on progress and, as a result, allowing them to become more purposeful in learning, set higher goals for themselves, and become more motivated to learn and work harder in school.
- Providing software that requires little or no adult direction.
Explore sample reports by choosing your audience from the pull-down menu below.
Yearly ProgressPro offers online tutorial exercises aligned to assessments.
Each exercise consists of:
- Step-by-step instructional overview of a given skill
- Guided-practice lesson to allow students to practice a skill.
- A short, embedded assessment to enable teachers to review and evaluate student understanding of a skill
Sample Tutorial Exercises
Yearly ProgressPro features short, frequent assessments designed to measure student progress throughout the year. Assessments are aligned to your state standards, allowing you to target your instruction and concentrate your efforts on areas where students most urgently need help.
The National Center for Student Progress Monitoring gives Yearly ProgressPro high scores for Reliability, Validity, Alternative Forms, Sensitivity to Student Improvement, AYP Benchmarks, Improving Student Learning or Teacher Planning, and Rates of Improvement Specified. These ratings support the use of Yearly ProgressPro as an excellent Web-based progress monitoring solution for Reading/Language Arts and Mathematics.
Two types of assessment solutions are offered:
- Pre-built curriculum-based measurement: these assessments can be delivered weekly and include detailed diagnostic information on student learning and progress.
- Customized classroom assessments: an item bank and other dynamic and easy-to-use tools allow educators to quickly and easily build custom assessments.
Sample Assessment Item
Yearly ProgressPro provides educators with a number of critical tools to assist them with Response to Intervention (RTI) program requirements, all linked to an easy-to-understand data management system for tracking and monitoring student performance.
|RTI Requirement||Yearly ProgressPro Offering|
|Identify struggling learners and provide short, frequent assessment opportunities||Assessment of Learning|
Weekly tests, based on the scientific methodology of Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM), continually assess student understanding and progress relative to state standards
|Provide intervention and opportunities for extra practice||Data-Driven Instruction|
Tutorial exercises are automatically prescribed to help students practice skills and progress relative to important standards
|Provide resources to support highly intensive and individualized progress monitoring and instruction||Analysis of Results|
Comprehensive data management and reporting system allows educators to track the progress of individual students against the grade-level curriculum and assign tutorial exercises aligned to state standards
Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM) is a proven methodology that is particularly effective in helping struggling learners in basic academic areas such as math, reading, writing, and spelling. CBM monitors the effectiveness of instruction and tracks both mastery and retention of grade-level skills.
If student performance is not meeting grade-level expectations, the teacher adjusts teaching to the appropriate level needed to help students succeed.
CBM is the measurement and assessment tool of choice in numerous federally funded studies, and is supported by the U.S. Dept. of Education. To learn more about curriculum-based measurement, please read Lynn S. Fuchs and Douglas Fuchs' study, "What Is Scientifically-Based Research on Progress Monitoring?"
Yearly ProgressPro Resources
Examining the Relationship Between Yearly ProgressPro Curriculum-Based Measurement (CBM) and Student Results on the Utah Criterion Referenced Tests (CRTs)
Yearly ProgressPro provides teachers and administrators with tools to support student achievement by measuring the effectiveness of instruction, and tracking both mastery and retention of grade-level skills.
"Acuity has proven to be highly predictive of our state assessment. As a result, we no longer have to wait to get our state test results back to determine student strengths or areas of need, or to plan professional development."
Warren County Middle School implemented Yearly ProgressPro to help students meet rigorous new state performance standards.
A description of what is necessary for test scores to be considered interchangeable between paper-and-pencil and computer-based or online modes of test administration.
LAS Links can be used for English language development and progress monitoring by using a combination of the LAS Links assessments. Depending on program need and intent, LAS Links provides schools and districts with the option of measuring student progress up to five times per year.
This white paper discusses the purpose of RTI: to identify children who are struggling in school as early as possible, and to ensure each child receives the right instruction or intervention to be successful. By linking assessment and instruction, the practice of RTI gives educators a data-driven framework to quickly and efficiently respond to learning or behavioral problems, and to appropriately identify students with disabilities.
A Vision for Innovative Assessment and Reporting in the 21st Century