TABE-PC® is a convenient software version of TABE that handles the automated administration, scoring, and reporting of TABE. TABE-PC lets you report results using your own Windows-based computer. It provides test results immediately and can eliminate errors that occur with hand-scoring or scanning.
Basic Skills: Reading, Math, Language,
Language Mechanics, Vocabulary,
Advanced-Level Tests: Science, Social
Studies, Algebra/Geometry, Writing
- Computer-based ( PC)
Thank you for your patience.
Software for automated administration, scoring, and reporting of TABE 9&10
Save your time and energy for your students with TABE-PC. TABE-PC software enables you to quickly and easily administer, score, and report TABE test results for one student or a group on your Windows-based computer. TABE-PC administers TABE 9&10 tests, including the Locator, Survey, Complete Battery, and TABE Advanced-Level Tests. Whether you're testing one student or a class of students, TABE-PC makes testing with TABE a snap.
With TABE-PC 9&10, you can:
- Automate the administration, scoring, and reporting of TABE 9&10 on your local area network.
- Have secure flexibility in maintaining and tracking test administration licenses
- Orient test-takers with a computer based tutorial
- Locate and administer the most appropriate test level
- Score test results rapidly and accurately
- Provide fast, accurate scoring, virtually eliminating human errors associated with hand-scoring
- Generate reports that translate TABE scores into predictive scores indicating how students will perform on the GED® Tests. This helps teachers target instruction and raise student scores.
- Report results using a variety of useful scores, including raw “number correct” scores, scale scores, and normreferenced scores, such as percentile ranking and grade equivalents
- Utilize diagnostic information that provides a profile of each student’s strong skills and areas of opportunity
In addition to offering reliable TABE assessments, the TABE-PC 9&10 software:
- Allows you to administer TABE 9&10 tests in a secure environment, including the Locator, Survey, Complete Battery, and Advanced-Level Tests
- Handles every stage of test administration automatically and individually, including timing the test
- Arrives ready to install with a simple installation guide and easy-to-use HELP screens
- Includes a site license in the initial purchase price that covers all the work stations in your entire building
- Measures student progress with pre- and post-tests
- Compares your student performance to two norm-referenced groups—an adult student group that represents a selection from basic education, corrections, career/ technical, and college; and a second group that represents juvenile adult basic education students
- Helps you develop a customized study plan for each student (based on individual TABE performance) by installing optional TABE prescription banks
- Links TABE assessments to instructional materials from a variety of publishers such as McGraw-Hill Contemporary
- Provides National Reporting System (NRS) information for Reading, Mathematics, and Language
- Use popular TABE-PC features such as the student tutorial section and the ability to scramble distractors for added test security
Each test in TABE 9&10 (e.g., Reading, Mathematics Computation, Applied Mathematics, and Spelling) is defined in a statement describing a set of skills called category objectives. Items in TABE 9&10 were also classified in terms of three process dimensions: recall and recognition, inference, and evaluation. The Survey version of TABE 9&10 measures the same objective structure as the Complete Battery. A complete list of abbreviated descriptions of the category objectives is provided here.
Complete Battery consists of five test levels (Literacy, Easy, Medium, Difficult, and Advanced), two test forms (9 and 10), and a Locator Test. The Locator Test helps determine which level of an assessment to administer to obtain the most accurate information about an examinee's strengths and weaknesses.
Levels E, M, D, and A: Item Count and Test Times*
*Please note that these times are used as guidelines only. Allow 10 minutes for instruction, recording names on answer sheets, etc. Note that the Spelling test is optional and does not contribute to total Battery scores.
TABE is based on current national standards, including:
- National Council of Teachers of Math (NTCM)
- National Council of Teachers of English (NTCE)
- International Reading Association (IRA)
- High School Equivalency (HSE) Tests
- 256 MB of RAM
- 10 MB hard drive
- Intel® Pentium® III or better
- VGA monitor
Any printer supportedby Windows®
- Windows 98® SE
- Windows NT®
- Workstation 2000
- Windows XP®
- Windows Vista®
- Novell® 5.0 or later version
- Microsoft® Windows NT Server 4.0 or later version
TABE-PC 9&10 quickly generates a wide range of individual and group reports:
- Student Subtest Report—offers a skill-by-skill report for each individual student
- Student Pre/Post Report—offers a pre/post summary for each individual student
- Student Prescriptive Report—shows individual performance by skill, then refers each student to specific lessons in the books and software available in your organization
- Rank List Report—presents (in roster format) students in selected score order. Also allows for a "cut score" option
- Group List Report—presents a class roster, listing each student’s grade equivalent, national percentile, and other scores
- Group Report—gives summary or pre/post scores for all students in a group, plus average scores for the group selected
- Item Analysis Report—presents item-by-objective results for an individual student. Includes individual responses as well as correct answers for each item.