The Acuity College and Career Readiness Assessment Pilot—Earn up to $20 Per Student!
Starting this May, diagnose your students' readiness in Grades 3–8 for the new summative assessments by applying for the pilot. 90-minute assessments include both online and paper/pencil sessions. Earn up to $20 per student and receive actionable reports to understand how well your students are prepared for the new summative assessments. Learn more and apply today »
Jumpstart preparation, readiness, and enthusiasm for elementary, secondary, post-secondary and beyond
Designed to introduce Common Core assessments gradually but effectively, teachers can now jumpstart readiness and enthusiasm for elementary, secondary, and post-secondary schooling in Grades K–2. Acuity goes beyond traditional assessments by helping teachers focus on the concepts that need mastery early, before it’s too late. The Acuity K–2 solution enables teachers to assess early learners in Math and English Language Arts using audio-enabled, age-appropriate, and research-based Common Core assessment content. Additionally, our instructional resources, including BrainPOP Jr.®, keep early learners engaged while allowing teachers to diagnose and measure deeper levels of student understanding.
Thank you for your patience.
- Delivery &
- Customer Care
- Six Common Core diagnostic forms for English Language Arts and Math for each grade in K–2
- Common Core emergent and fully aligned items for Grades K–2: over 1,500 ELA items and over 2,600 Math items
- Performance Task Item Bank and Builder, and Rubric Building
- Custom Test Building
- Item Authoring
Acuity Reports, available online and in printable PDF formats, offer an in-depth but clear picture of student achievement throughout the year. Teachers, principals, and district administrators get a thorough analysis of student strengths and weaknesses, allowing strategic instructional improvement and intervention decisions to be quickly made.
Types of Acuity K–12 Reports
Student, Class, School and District Level Reports:
- Assessment Reports
- Cohort Group Reports
- Growth Reports
- Item Analysis Report
- Longitudinal Reports
- Matrix Report (Class only)
- Portfolio Reports
- Roster & Summary Report (Class, School and District only)
- TerraNova Reports
- Over 1,000 Common Core digital instructional resources in ELA and Math for Grades K–12
- Over 450 engaging, animated and targeted English Language Arts and Math tutorials
- Integrated BrainPOP Jr.®, BrainPOP® and BrainPOP Español® videos for Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies
- Easily assignable from popular Acuity reports, aligned to the Common Core
- Supports individual, small-group or whole-class instruction
- Available for all skill levels in grades K–2
- A portion can be printed for off-line practice
Create K–12 comprehensive assessments that accurately align to your pacing guides and curriculum to appropriately measure learning in your classroom.
- Allows you to create your own custom assessments for early learners by selecting items and length of assessment
- Identify intervention opportunities before it's too late
- Target specific small-group or individual student instructional needs
- Create your own Common Core aligned items that can be shared amongst administrators and with your district
Performance tasks allow for complex student demonstrations of achievement and learning and function as a model for seamlessly measuring deeper levels of student understanding so teachers can implement a more targeted, instruction and intervention plan.
- Performance task and rubric building(create your own or use ones that have already been created)
- Performance task item bank with age-appropriate items written to the Common Core
- Students can upload their own performance task test file
- Teachers can view student performance task responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students all online (no papers to carry home)
Acuity's technology platform continues to rapidly evolve with new enhanced tools that support every district's Common Core assessment delivery and scoring needs.
- Online, student response device, or traditional paper-pencil assessment (or a combination of all three)
- Scalable technology platform ensures responsive online delivery
- Support of student response devices eliminates need for computer labs, print and answer sheets
- Common Core aligned-reports generated immediately
- Performance Task delivery: students can easily upload their own item file
- Performance Task scoring: teachers can view student responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students all online (no papers to carry home)
Acuity UnWired is an easy-to-use client software application that immediately delivers student responses from eInstruction™, Qwizdom®, SMART Technologies™, and Turning Technologies™.
Student response devices help educators and administrators monitor student achievement on an ongoing basis:
- Real-time capture of student responses
- Educators can quickly and easily access results to adjust the pace of instruction
- Available for use across multiple grade levels (K–12)
- Engages and motivates students to achieve
CTB has been supporting student assessment needs for eighty-five years and can help devise a balanced assessment program that meets the specific needs of districts and schools.
From our online community, with over thirty-thousand members, who learn and share ideas with one another every day, to our step-by-step implementation program that will guide you from planning through delivery, our customer service and technical support teams are committed to supporting every and any district—large and small.
CTB/McGraw-Hill is dedicated to understanding your feedback as a way to continually improve and enhance the value and effectiveness of the Common Core Acuity K–12 balanced assessment solution.
Contact CTB/McGraw-Hill at CTB.com/ContactUs »