Close learning gaps early and build academic confidence with a comprehensive assessment solution
Get a clear picture of student understanding to close learning gaps early and build academic confidence with the Acuity Common Core 3–8 comprehensive assessment solution. Acuity goes beyond traditional, multiple-choice assessment by helping teachers focus on concepts that more deeply measure student mastery of the Common Core. Using Acuity’s latest Common Core assessment content and engaging instructional resources, including BrainPOP videos, teachers can quickly understand student strengths and weaknesses and implement an effective instructional improvement and intervention plan.
Let us help you measure a deeper level of student understanding in alignment with the Common Core, while creating a rich environment for learning and achievement.
Visit the CTB SmartCenters:
Thank you for your patience.
- Delivery &
- Four English Language Arts and Math diagnostic forms for each grade in 3–8
- Item bank with over 30,000 items for grades 3–8
- Nearly 1000 Common Core emergent items for building custom tests
- Custom test building
- Item authoring
- Performance task and rubric building
- Performance tasks and extended constructive response items written to the Common Core
Acuity Reports, available online and in printable PDF formats, offer an in-depth but clear picture of student achievement throughout the year. Teachers, principals, and district administrators get a thorough analysis of student strengths and weaknesses, allowing strategic instructional improvement and intervention decisions to be quickly made.
Types of Acuity K–12 Reports
Student, Class, School and District Level Reports:
- Assessment Report
- Item Analysis Report
- Portfolio Report
- Progress Report
- Summary Report
- Instructional Resources Report
- Matrix Report (Class only)
- Roster & Summary Report (Class, School and District only)
- Over 1900 engaging, animated and targeted English Language Arts and Math tutorials
- Integrated BrainPOP Jr®., BrainPOP® and BrainPOP Spanish® videos for Math, English Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies
- Easily assignable from popular Acuity reports, aligned to the Common Core
- Supports individual, small-group or whole class instruction
- Available for all skill levels in grades 3–8
- A portion can be printed for off-line practice
Create K–12 comprehensive assessments that accurately align to your pacing guides and curriculum to appropriately measure learning in your classroom.
- Allows you to create your own custom assessments for early learners by selecting items and length of assessment
- Provide intervention opportunities before it's too late
- Target specific small-group or individual student instructional needs
- Develop national and state standard specific items that can be shared amongst administrators and with your district
Performance tasks allow for complex student demonstrations of achievement and learning and function as a model for seamlessly measuring deeper levels of student understanding so teachers can implement a more targeted, instruction and intervention plan.
- Performance task and rubric building (create your own or use ones that have already been created)
- Item bank with age-appropriate performance tasks written to the Common Core
- Students can upload their own performance task test file
- Teachers can view student responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students all online (no papers to carry home)
Acuity's technology platform continues to rapidly evolve with new enhanced tools that easily allow districts to customize their Common Core assessment delivery and scoring needs.
- Online, student response device, or traditional paper-pencil assessment (or a combination of all three)
- Scalable technology platform ensures responsive online delivery
- Support of student response devices eliminates need for computer labs, print and answer sheets
- Common Core aligned-reports generated immediately
- Performance Task delivery: students can easily upload their own item file
- Performance Task scoring: online, teachers can view student responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students (no papers to carry home)
CTB has been supporting student assessment needs for eighty-five years and can help devise a balanced assessment program that meets the specific needs of districts and schools.
From our online community, with over thirty-thousand members, who learn and share ideas with one another every day, to our step-by-step implementation program that will guide you from planning through delivery, our customer service and technical support teams are committed to supporting every and any district- large and small.
CTB/McGraw-Hill is dedicated to understanding your feedback as a way to continually improve and enhance the value and effectiveness of the Common Core Acuity K–12 balanced assessment solution.
Contact CTB/McGraw-Hill at CTB.com/ContactUs »