Prepare students for college and careers with assessments that measure deeper levels of understanding and demonstrate student mastery
High school students deserve to be challenged beyond simple multiple choice tests—they need assessments that measure deeper levels of student understanding. The Acuity Common Core High School solution offers a variety of the latest Common Core assessment content, including Constructed Response, Interactive, and Performance Task items, enabling teachers to quickly identify strengths and areas for improvement, so students are successfully prepared for 21st century careers. This generation deserves to experience and grow using Acuity's innovative content and technology in the classroom so they can succeed in the real-world.
Visit the CTB SmartCenters:
Thank you for your patience.
- Delivery &
- Common Core diagnostic forms for English Language Arts and Math
- ELA forms aligned to English 1 and 2 courses
- Math forms aligned to Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra II
- Item bank with over 1250 items for ELA and Math
- Custom test building
- Item authoring
- Performance task and rubric building
Acuity Reports, available online and in printable PDF formats, offer an in-depth but clear picture of student achievement throughout the year. Teachers, principals, and district administrators get a thorough analysis of student strengths and weaknesses, allowing strategic instructional improvement and intervention decisions to be made quickly.
Types of Acuity K–12 Reports
Student, Class, School and District Level Reports:
- Assessment Report
- Item Analysis and Distractor Reports
- Portfolio Report
- Progress Report
- Summary Report
- Instructional Resources Report
- Matrix Report
- Roster & Summary Report
Create K–12 comprehensive assessments that accurately align to your curriculum to appropriately measure learning in your classroom.
- Allows you to create your own custom assessments by selecting items and length of assessment
- Provide intervention opportunities before it’s too late
- Target specific small-group or individual student instructional needs
- Create your own items and choose to share with other Educators in your district
- Over 160 Common Core Math instructional resources
- More than 40 new Common Core ELA instructional resources, with more coming soon
- Easily assignable from popular Acuity reports, aligned to the Common Core
- Supports individual, small-group or whole class instruction
- Available for all skill levels in Grades 9–12
Performance tasks allow for complex student demonstrations of achievement and learning and function as a model for seamlessly measuring deeper levels of student understanding so teachers can implement a more targeted, instruction and intervention plan.
- Performance task and rubric building (create your own or use ones that have already been created)
- Item bank with age-appropriate performance tasks written to the Common Core
- Students can upload their own files to provide evidence of completion of performance tasks
- Teachers can view student responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students all online (no papers to carry home)
Sample Performance Tasks
Acuity's technology platform continues to rapidly evolve with new enhanced tools that easily allow districts to customize their Common Core assessment delivery and scoring needs.
- Online, student response device, or traditional paper-pencil assessment (or a combination of all three)
- Scalable technology platform ensures responsive online delivery
- Support of student response devices eliminates need for computer labs, print and answer sheets
- Common Core aligned-reports generated immediately
- Performance Task delivery: students can easily upload their own files
- Performance Task scoring: online, teachers can view student responses in a rubric, enter score points and respond to students (no papers to carry home)
CTB has been supporting student assessment needs for eighty-five years and can help devise a balanced assessment program that meets the unique needs of districts and schools.
From our online community, with over thirty-thousand members, who learn and share ideas with one another every day, to our step-by-step implementation program that will guide you from planning through delivery, our customer service and technical support teams are committed to supporting every and any district- large and small.
CTB/McGraw-Hill is dedicated to understanding your feedback as a way to continually improve and enhance the value and effectiveness of the Common Core Acuity K–12 balanced assessment solution.
Contact CTB/McGraw-Hill at CTB.com/ContactUs »
Acuity Common Core for High School Resources
The Role of Assessment in the Effective Transition to the Common Core State Standards
CTB/McGraw-Hill offers the right solutions at the right time, giving states and districts the opportunity to prepare students, teachers, administrators, parents, and stakeholders for the changes ahead. Educators can use these solutions to support authentic and positive improvements to learning and teaching. Through our products, our programs, our ongoing research initiatives, and our forums for collaborative assessment development, we are partnering with our clients to create next-generation, balanced assessment systems.
To learn more or to discuss your needs with an Assessment Solutions Consultant, please call us at 800.538.9547.
A New Era in Computer Adaptive Testing Begins Here
Presenters: Dr. Wim van der Linden, Dr. Richard Patz, and CTB President Ellen Haley
The potential of computer adaptive testing is remarkable—learn more about what it offers now for the next generation of assessment. CTB/McGraw-Hill is uniquely positioned to offer new assessment technologies that propel adaptive testing forward dramatically—making it more accurate, while more personalized and engaging for every learner.